THE INNOCHRONICLES: 101

 

24th September 1993, I was finally birthed and it was time for me to find out what this planet is worth.

Paroketo Pakech is where I got my sanity first, guess you could say this is when I was handed the curse. I've been talented since my childhood and it's all owing to passion and love for arts and literature. Wasn't for fame, I never even knew that talent paid.

That's how I got through my silent phase while in high school and at the same time being a child my parents raised. Therefore, if you resonate with where I'm from, you'd know what it is when you are forced to be a man when you are only a kid. It baptized me with this resilience in my blood, now I got a family to raise and bills to pay to people owning the crib or else you are going to get evicted and get thrown in the streets.

I had to double it up and find a way to switch it instead, see you got to find your purpose or your vision is dead! Nowhere to sleep comfortably, my little cousins in Kyebando pissing the bed then you bring in Pop is always high as hell, he is popping on ridiculous gins. Now, what would you do if you were faced with the same?
First step to fight this is to embrace the pain. Ghetto chronicles a young brother making the name, as you fight to see the light be prepared for the rain!

And when the rain stops beware of the slippery ground, I had to hustle hard and still doing so to the full throttle just so I could get my children through these doors perhaps some clout chasers want to even the score. Some evil-hearted men want to know what I am purchasing for my kids when am going back home.

Let me explain the process before the seeds of little light came back when you couldn't get the profits, it was longer than you could probably think. Ladies and gentlemen this is how the journey has been!

So now I fall in love with music, art and drama (MDD) and this is how the interest grew. Will Smith always been my role model, I watched him since I was a teen and I have always wanted to be like him because he has been this cool dude and an inspiration to we black men and this is exactly where I'm about to begin this quest.

In 2001 towards the end of school third term, me and fellow pupils done our first music, dance and drama in front the school during Parents’ Day at St. Barnabas primary school, Muyenga, where I began my literacy journey.

Fast forward 2008, me and my close friends, Cyrus, Opar (he was a dude from Amor) and Jeremy- we started a click, at that exact time were in senior two. Jem had a 2008 Nokia phone that got some cool RnB ringtone with a run time of about four minutes- And he was our quake record producer at that time, of course an extra phone to record our voices.

I went in first as Glacious with the intro because I was the best spitter, rapping my part so cool and slow, after that Cyrus D’Gap took on chorus- this song we called it “my room” a cool love RnB and HipHop blend jam demo. It was not for fame, perhaps, just owing to love and passion of arts and music, thing went like real crazy when the jam was played in the boys’ dormitory and the whole room go like “wow”. After that, boys suggested I change my name and that is how ‘Fabulous’ was born- till to this day, your boy is known as Fabulous Innocent. Before this memory slips off yes! All this recording was done during breakfast in a bushy gum tree around Mubogo village just by the path that leads to Pajobi landing site along the great Nile River.

We wrote a couple songs together that Cyrus went on to record, though he never flourished in the industry around 2009. That same time, I decided to switch, I developed a love for fashion yes- We had OCK who was holding it down and was setting the trend (you know what I mean hip-hop culture fashion style), not forgetting Sean B (now calls himself MC Rajjcoins) joined in with fascinating swags, my boy suddenly become the talk of the town and in school as well. Kokorom Desire, Girom, Agogo Okalebo Junior and Jude Twogere now Jude manager were all keeping it true.

Still in high school, we got Chris, Warom Francis, Nixon, Hillary, Moze Mo and this crew used to go hard that they would never stick to the rules, and they called it ‘Nyot Sente Crew’ until we parted ways in 2011.   

Fast forward, in 2012, I get on the stage alongside Jack 256 to represent Pakwach S.S, it was first Inter-school MDD and Arts battle, organized by Brother Philly (then a teacher at Nam High & Excel College Pakwach) and Pato former Matonge Manager (may his souls rest in peace). Jack 256 and I co-wrote a song we called ‘Failure Back door to success’ until today he still keeps my lyrical rap piece with him. See the whole crowd at Accord Hall was really amazed and I'm getting mad praise from this nigga called MC Bidozo. Our school won the overall competition perhaps in the Poem segment I met this one lad from Martyrs’ College and I lost- It's not that in every fight you always come out as a boss but if you learn from your mistakes and not give up on your cause, you bound to bounce back and let them know that you are a force.

In 2013 not forgetting stage mimes during prefectorial campaigns and drama plays in fronts of our visitors from Straight talk foundation and Denmark. Our then Straight talk club chairperson one of the nicest organizers I have ever worked with, Wachal Moses alongside Ringtho Raphael, Jack 256, MC Bidozo, Gom P my boy from Pakech Jukal, Brian iwewe to mention a few and I was back at it again.

We were getting love from most people, your boy was buzzing like a mosquito, and it was just an ecstasy moment for a young lad from Pakech. By 2017, I varnished from the village owing to some huddles and in search for job opportunities in the city. The journey was littered with pain, struggle and sorrow! Soon God, tossed me my first audition with ERIS Films owned by Oga Elvis (a Nigerian) who was studying Law at KIU Kansanga Campus- he spotted my potential in both acting and writing. Oga mentored and trained us, he polished my screen writing skills and storytelling, we did lots of skits and short clips, short campus lifestyle films- in the click we got two Derricks- Kamerio (now back office at Airtel) and nigga Derro, Bryan Kanyankole, Asaba and of course Edna now The Flowergyal Noise Maker plying trade in comedy.

Now I'm hanging out with all my acquaintances at Eris films we are killing the scene, and at this time, I hooked up with MC Bidozo who later joined the click after we have changed the company name to Diamond Films Academy. Later that same year, I happen to link up with my former literature classmate, Apire Zachary pursuing his media course at Kampala film school, Ggaba, we sat and pitched ideas on how to work on some documentary project. I remember MC Bidozo and I walked all the way from Kibuli to Kampala Film school Ggaba for the shootings owing to some technical issues the planned project wasn’t executed.

In 2018, second audition came as a blessing, I met with a Congolese filmmaker Erick Rusagara; every actor, actresses and filmmakers were invited for an exercise aimed at creating a credible database for all performing arts organized by Douglas Kasule Benda of Benda films and an Indian Film producer, Neeraj Vishwakarma (Neeraj Film Productions). A month later, I was part of performing artists who created Uganda Actors’ Guild- the first of its kind here in Ug, now rubbing shoulders with A list superstars in our film industry: I remember well, Farooq Mutebi and Kudzu (cast of The Hostel) setting next to me and dude killed me with jokes- he nominated me for the position of a secretary which I declined! That same year I collaborated with Erick Rusagara on his feature film project titled ‘FREEDOM’, my first support role in a movie along with Edna Flowergyal, Benard Hakizimana and other Congolese and Somali casts: shot 13 days in Nakivale Refugee settlement in Isingiro district.

Before 2018 shutdown, Freedom the movie was screened during Viewers’ Choice Movie Award (VCMA18) courtesy of Delta tv, Coca cola, UBC etc. a young nigga from Pakech representing Wane The Greatest Film company at the Pearl of Africa Hotel, Nakasero. From me to the industry, it wasn’t for fame or money but “PASSION” salute- Veni, Vidi, Vici! Straight Talk foundation knocked the door, for me to fulfill another lifelong dream that was kept engraved in my heart I had to answer the call. A youth leader of my generation!

Early 2019, January to be precise- now I finally get a Visa I headed to the Viking Island, Denmark alongside Kenneth Katamba, Grace Akurwot and Miriam Cherotich, young leaders to represent STF Uganda, I was setting the pace! An international youth exchange funded by the Danish Youth Council. Came back home for the real quest to execute the project hand in hand with our Danish youth leaders Victor Norse and Signe Mathilde-Hvingelsen (Don’t know if that’s the correct spelling) and of course with unwavering and unmatched support from our greatest mentor Mr. Hassan Sekajoolo and the entire STF team, the success story isn’t complete without mentioning sweat put in by Mr. Isaac Chintu, Raphael Ringtho, Karen and yes Musana Bashir conquering the East from Busia, Loving Namwigo, Masereka William, Emma Kasambula, Musanzi Moze, Rugango Lydia – ToT gang!

2020 would be the year for me to get on it, big opportunity at the door again but corona virus came when I met karma. Couldn't get the chance perhaps as a handy man, I never give in. 2021 started on low note hustling to full throttle at it again. In 2022, a glimmer of hope, God sent me a one loving woman who becomes my better half, Evassy Musazi. He who finds a wife, finds a good thing they say.

In 2023, my joy doubled up, my wife and I was blessed with a bouncing baby boy. He come at the time I so badly needed a child and help fuel my adrenaline to work more and more…. I christened him Gianni Malcom-Ademaro Innocent. 2024 was the year that kept me in blackout and parenting took toll on me, I was so lost in my world, silent and in tranquil, struggles, internal conflicts, family issues, financial strains- good and bad, ooh damn’t! no adjective in this world could describe it well enough, nonetheless, my unexceptional resilience, perseverance, handyman nature perhaps life kept going on and God gave me another chance at Reliance SML.

2025 I got all situations calm and collected, maneuvering the jungle silently like a tiger, great things take time since you cannot be causal about it and there is no hand manual to utilize in achieving a certain degree of progress. And I am here still kicking the same damn vibe, who’d ever thought I'd make it to 2026 and unexpectedly God added another to the family, a jolly-playful boy born the same day 168 school children were bombed and murdered in Minab, Iran by the USA and Israel - I called him Ayden Shahidi Innocent.

Do everything with love and develop a passion for everything you do, that invisible currency will tangibly pop out one day. Therefore, over the years I have been making plenty moves, some kind of a longevity that you don't get from any dude, above all, in this sort of pain that I have been through many loose. God bless you if you've been a believer from day one and if you are joining along the way then you too are A1. To my immediate family brothers, Muzungu, Allan and Musaja no need to say none, we are blood for life we will die by the same gun, yes!

Inspired by Khaligraph Jones: The Khali Chronicles

#NowThatsFabulous #Innochronicles #Impact


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When You're unappreciated and overlooked- let go and fight for you and do you!

Chapter 33: A Journey of Growth, Gratitude, and Bigger Goals.

WHAT IS SCHOOL FOR?